Friday, August 17, 2007

A new everlasting home


Welcome to the Everlasting Love blog! I'm excited to be here!

Writing for this line is a big departure for me. My first book for the line, The House on Briar Hill Road, is one of the first non-comedies (not even light humor) stories. It features a family dealing with a profound loss. We lost my MIL, one of my best friends, to breast cancer in 2004, and though our reactions were very different than my characters, imagining them acting the way they do wasn't a stretch.

This story also gave me the opportunity to try something different. I did a short story for eHarlequin.com that will start on 9-10-07. The Moments is a secondary character's romance and fills in 'missing years' from the book. It was so much fun writing this tied story.

I look forward to hanging out with these other great writers, and our readers!

Holly

No comments: