Monday, September 3, 2007

Memory Monday

Memories – I have so many, but naturally my favorites feature the people I love most. My hubby is my partner, my best friend, my lover, my confidante and (how about this) my housekeeper. His bathroom cleaning skills are a bit iffy, but he’s an ace at vacuuming. Plus, he does most of the cooking. And he does it all to give me more time to write. Now that’s a keeper!

We met on a blind date, and before we knew what hit us – zap, we were goners. Since that fortuitous Mayday – yep, it was May 1 – we’ve lived through the good, the bad and the downright funny. We moved twenty-six times (nope, we weren’t running from the law, we’re an Air Force family) and been through hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, blizzards and teenage hormonal angst. Whew!

But, the good times have definitely rolled. Every one of our moves was a great adventure. We’ve been privy to the inner sanctum of the British Parliament, ventured out on a Maine lobster boat, descended into a Welsh coal mine, and heated our entire house with a coal stove (now that was a kick in the pants). Yep, I’ve had a ball and the best part is I’ve had a wonderful person to share it with.

In Summer After Summer (my September Everlasting), Charlie and Jazzy prove that high school love can transcend numerous barriers and endure through the decades.

That’s the kind of love we all want.

Happy reading,
Ann

Ann DeFee
Somewhere Down in Texas – Harlequin American Romance – March 2007
Georgia On His Mind – Harlequin American Romance – August 2007
Summer After Summer – Harlequin Everlasting Love – September 2007
The Perfect Tree – Harlequin American Romance Christmas Anthology – November 2007
Goin’ Down to Georgia – Harlequin American Romance – March 2008

2 comments:

Tessa McDermid said...

Wow, Ann! I've moved a lot but nothing close to your number. I do think moving around either makes or breaks a relationship. Now I have lived through many of the same natural disasters you mentioned.

Looking forward to reading your book. I'm having a great time catching up with the summer ones.

Tessa

Merri said...

Wow! I have moved a lot mostly due because I went to schools far away and once because of a flood. I met my husband late in life and moved 1700 miles across the country to be with him. We returned home from our honeymoon to hear his company decided to close--talk about scared! It turned out great, with the company being bought and better off today than ever. Looking forward to reading your EL!