Friday, September 14, 2007

A Special Friday

The older I get, the faster time flies. I didn't think it was supposed to be this way! In my grandmother's day, growing older meant a woman had a surplus of free time on her hands. She'd been through the wars of raising a large family and was due the rest. Today, grandmothers often have busier lives than their daughters. They're running companies, managing small businesses, bungee jumping, parasailing, taking adventure vacations...and writing.

Is it already September? Where did the past nine months go? I remember last Christmas and a week or two in March, but not much else. For most of that time I was writing my Everlasting Love and so deep into the story that days slipped past me. I was in the Zone, that magical place where the characters and story take over a writer's life.

The Zone can be a little hard on a writer's mate, though. Someone has to pick up the slack. My husband is a wonder. He cooks the meals, washes the dishes, even cleans the bathroom. He's a keeper! And today is his birthday.

Happy Birthday, my love. More today than yesterday and less than tomorrow!
Ginger

3 comments:

Roz Denny Fox said...

Ginger,
Looking forward to your book. And happy birthday to your dh.
Ah--the zone. The older we get the harder it is to find the zone. Or maybe we ask, which zone am I in? LOL
Roz

Ginger Chambers said...

I know exactly what you mean, Roz. LOL
The cake's in the oven, the icing is in the can, waiting for me to 'artfully' apply it, and if everything works out, I won't have to hurry out to a bakery to buy one for his party tonight.

Ginger ;-)

Merri said...

Nice blog and also looking forward to your book. Both my grandmothers did not work when I was growing up but I would like to know how they managed to do as many things as they did! They were so active within the family and the community as well as gardening and both always managed to have an intellectual life as well a great social life. Both my grandmothers were avid readers of all from history to classics to more modern works. Both also did crossword puzzles and knew all sorts of intellectual games.