Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tasty Tuesday

Woe is me! The creeping crud - aka, a nasty virus that made me feel like (oops, better not go there) - hit early around our house. So last weekend I indulged in a sport's marathon. I watched college football, pro football, the Davis cup (for you dedicated couch potatoes that's tennis) and when all the games went to a commercial, I even caught a few rounds of golf.

No doubt about it - football players are really fit! And the tight - yikes, regressing again - pants are quite impressive, too. In case you think I'm a voyeur, there was a method in my madness. I'm in the middle of doing a book with a pro football hero, so I'll chalk up last weekend to research. Wide receivers, tight ends, nickle backs, passing routs, picks - I've got the jargon.

This is our Tasty Tuesday blog, so my conundrum is whether to share a comfort food recipe or go with something more appropriate for football tailgating. Think, think, think a moment - yep, football it is.

Chorizo Con Queso Dip
(Sausage with Cheese Dip)

1/2 pound Mexican chorizo or regular bulk pork sausage
8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tbs butter
1 pound monterrey jack cheese or 1 lb pasteurized cheese (Velveeta)
1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
(Substitute a 10-oz can of tomatoes with chilies, chopped, instead of the mushrooms and green chilies)

Cook sausage until brown. Drain and set aside. Add mushrooms, onion and butter to skillet and saute until soft but not brown. Add cheese, green chiles and reserved sausage to skillet. Heat until cheese has melted and mixture is hot. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

Enjoy!

Ann DeFee
Georgia On His Mind - Harlequin American Romance - August 2007
Summer After Summer - Harlequin Everlasting Love - September 2007
The Perfect Tree - Harlequin American Romance Christmast Anthology - November 2007
Goin' Down to Georgia - Harlequin American Romance - March 2008

No comments: