Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thoughts for a Thursday.

I was interviewed yesterday for the upcoming release of my Everlasting Love book, Heart of My Heart. The lady doing the interview asked a lot of questions, and then made the comment that she found romance writers to be women of such passion when it came to their stories. She found it inspiring to hear women talk about their stories with such enthusiasm.
Her words took me back to an incident at my local office supply store where I was getting my manuscript photocopied. When the young woman passed me the copy of my manuscript, she said she couldn't help reading a few passages as she made the copy. She said that she could identify with my heroine because like my heroine, she'd been pregnant as a teenager, and her family had disapproved. She wanted to know if my character made out okay in the end.
In retrospect, I should have mentioned this to my interviewer. I should have told her that passion for writing romance comes from knowing that your story directly impacts the lives of others.
What more could a writer ask for?
Stella

1 comment:

Roz Denny Fox said...

Stella,
Your note is so true. I am so often amazed when I get reader letters and the reader remarks on some minor thing in my book that affects them enough to move them to write me a letter. It's a good feeling, but a committment we all take seriously.
I hope the girl who got a glimpse of your book goes out and buys it.
Roz