Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let's Make Lemonade

Many years ago a Greek philosopher was sitting around in his toga pondering the universe when he came up with the concept that the only constant is change. What a smart guy! And he wasn't even involved in the publishing industry. LOL Last week the Lovely Ladies of this blog were informed that January 2008 would be the last month for Everlasting Love as a stand-alone series. Instead, most of the books already under contract would be folded in the Superromance series.

Once I got recovered from my "are you kidding me" reaction, I decided I needed to come up with a game plan. Not only am I a certified planner, I'm also one of those annoying "the glass is half-full" kind of girls. All weekend I pondered this situation. We love our books, we promote them, we even blog about them. They're almost like our children - not really, they don't ask to borrow the car. But back to the constant of change. It's like death and taxes - it simply is. So for me personally, I plan to make lemonade out of this bowl of lemons.

And just in case you need a good recipe, here it is.

Fresh Lemonade

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (6 to 8 large lemons)
5 cups cold water

Combine sugar and boiling water; stirring until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water; stir well Cover and chill. Serve over ice.

Ann DeFee

Summer After Summer - Harlequin Everlasting Love - September 2007
The Perfect Tree - Harlequin American Romance - November 2007
Goin' Down to Georgia - Harlequin American Romance - March 2008

1 comment:

Merri said...

Great blog topic. All I can say is at least the great EL reads will continue and maybe if readers van get the word out and let Harlequin and other readers know how much we treasure our EL stories we can get the word out. To the authors, get on Shelfari, get on MySpace, notice which reviewers and readers love Everlasting Love, readers and authors...spread the word..through blogs, through letters to Harlequin, all the newspapers that now have blog space for readers. I love my Everlasting Love reads more than everything so I hope authors get the word out far and wide to the readers who come to their websites about the ones in the Superromance line. I'll be buying them...spread the word. I think it would be great if somehow this website would stay up and also if it would list the websites or mySpace/Shelfari links to each Everlastng Love author for all those readers who love Everlasting Love so we can support the Everlasting Love stories in the Superromance line. I don't know if they will look different than other Supperromances so as a reader, it would be nice to have information.

I have been a subscriber to Everlasting Love and this is a line that grew on my more and more....I don't want to be preachy, but maybe sometimes readers can stand up and let publishers know how much we love this line...and authors thanks to all these internet spaces can inform their readers. On Shelfari, authors have a way of seeing who has their books on their bookshelves and the ability to make groups. Maybe all this means nothing but I have been thinking a lot over the weekend because I love EL so much. It provides something unique to me as a reader.