Friday, December 7, 2007

One of life's lovely moments.

Today is what we on this blog call "Fun Friday". And my fun this week is a trip to Kalamazoo, Michigan to see my granddaughter, Estela.
At 28 months of age, Estela subscribes to the "parrot" philosophy, and so repeats every word she hears. My daughter and her hubby have had to censor some of their own words and off-the-cuff remarks in recognition of this new philosophy.
But the other day, Estela dropped her parrot philosophy to announce that for Christmas she wants a tail.
Yeah, her house is home to two very pleasant cats who have beautiful tails, and Estela wants one just like the ones they have. Children have such beautiful, uncluttered minds, don't they?
But what do I do with a request like that? I've been checking out all the craft shops and costume places, but any tails I found came with full size adult costumes!
Her mother has given up on the issue, and like all parents who feel that the Christmas wish can't be met, she's trying to steer Estela into other areas of possible gifts.
As grandmother to this wonderful little girl, Job 1 when I get to Kalamazoo is to continue the search for a tail.
I'll be back here in about two weeks time, and give you an update.
Stella MacLean

4 comments:

Annette Gallant said...

Oh, that's so cute! What about making one so she can attach it with velcro? They have realistic fake fur fabric out there, the kind they use for stuffed animals.

Anyway, hope you have a fun trip!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I second Annette's idea. A black boa from a fabric store will work perfectly.

Unknown said...

Kids that age are so cute. I miss those days.

I'm sure you'll find something for the tale.

Linda Barrett said...

You're exactly the kind of grandma every child wants! There are some great ideas here, and I know you'll get your beautiful girl a tail. Too funny!

Have a great visit.