Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Great Exercise

I just returned from an office holiday party – nothing fancy, just a lot of good food, good will and lots of laughter. I’ll miss this place in the new year when my day job disappears and my writing takes over on a full-time basis.

2008 is coming. Another new year when anything can happen. A year for new beginnings if we so choose. A year for new ideas. And another opportunity to embrace the blessings in our lives and simply take time to appreciate them.

On the bulletin board in front of my desk is a sunshiny picture of a dad holding hands with his two young daughters as they jump into a mountain lake. The caption reads, “Jumping for joy is good exercise.” Looking at that picture makes me smile every single time.

I wish you new beginnings if you want them, continued blessings to embrace, all the joy you can hold whether you jump into a mountain lake or not, and an everlasting number of wonderful stories to read.

Linda

3 comments:

Stella MacLean said...

Dear Linda,
Wonderful thoughts and sentiments. It's so easy this time of year to get buried in Christmas 'must do' things, and forget what is really important.
I have a sheet of paper over my desk that reads, "Enjoy the process". It mostly relates to my writing, but it is certainly appropriate now.
Take care,
Stella

Tessa McDermid said...

Congrats again, Linda, on starting your journey as a writer full-time. That is my primary career now, with a little extra on the side. I set my schedule and I love being able to focus on my stories without the added challenge of my former day job. I loved both but this time has really freed my creative inner self.

Thank you for your lovely holiday sentiments. All the best.

Tessa

Roz Denny Fox said...

Linda,
I'm coming in way late on this. It's a great sentiment indeed. I hope you all had a grand evening at the eharlequin Open House. Maybe a lot of readers will decide to try the Everlasting Books.

I really popped in here to wish you all Happy holidays. Christmas is coming---ready or not.
Roz